the PathRoom Project PathWalKer PatchWork Package
Release Notes version 1.0beta, Sunday 25th August, 1996.
the PathRoom is an experimental project of creativity, creation
and isNess in the CyberPlace of bits and bytes (where the address is the place
and the name the thing), attempting to explore the meeting point between the
physical dimensions of time and space and the polar bit-mapped dimension of
language and mind, and the Possibility for emotional expirience and expression on
the world wibe web. the PathRoom WebSite is located @:
about PathWalKer PatchWork:
the PathWalker PatchWork is a small utility program
for the macintosh, that, if used correctly, will copy your respective version of
Netscape» Navigator, patching it into the PathWalker 1.0b, the official PathRoom
interNet WeBrowser. the PatchWork is a tool for modifying, in addition to the web
content, also the framing of that content, and since the PathRoom project is best
viewed with Netscape»'s Navigator, the Patch offers an alternative expirience to
the Netscape» viewing monopoly.
- Changed overall appearance, graphics, and texts.
- Custom directory buttons and menu links to the PathRoom WebSite.
- Supports Menu ShortCuts for Save, Go Home, HTML view source and internet search.
- Custom Creator signature (PATH) and custom prefrences and bookmarks file
(RoomMarks), allowing the user to use it simultaneously and as a parallel alternative
to the Netscape» application, with two different complete browser packages onboard.
- the Ease & Comfort of using Netscape» Navigator without having to see that
BrandName ever again
possible Future Releases:
- the PathWalker final version
- PathFinder Silver, a Navigator» GOLD patch
- the ScapeGoat CyberPet (moof!)
- PathWalker PatchWork for MicroSoft's internet explorer for the Mac
- Plugin patches, freeing you from those annoying logo's while downloading
instructions For Use:
- double click the PathWalk installer icon. the installer installs the PathWalK
PatchWork file, a PATH autoTyper utility, and creates a prefs folder in your
system folder where it installs the custom RoomMarks file.
- double click the file named PathWalk PatchWork. a dialog box appears, prompting
you to select the copy of Netscape» navigator you want to patch. (NOTE: you DO
NOT have to make a copy of your navigator prior to the patch process: the patch
automatically makes a copy, leaving the original file intact.) You will be then
prompted for a destination path to save the patched program.
- Drag the Patched Program: PathWalKer 1.0b (vers) and drop it onto the
PATH autoTyper icon to change it's creator from MOSS (mozila) into PATH (PathWalKer).
- Copy the entire contents of the Netscape € in the preferences folder in your system folder
into the PathWalk € in the preferences folder, except the files: 'Netscape preferences',
'bookmarks.html' and the 'cache' folder.
- Drag and Drop the entire contents of the PathWalk € in your preferences folder
onto the PATH autotyper icon.
- PathWalKer is ready to run. you might need to rebuild the desktop file in
order for all custom icons to show up.
the PatWalker was made using Custom Made and DownLoaded Web resources, and it is using
resources familiar to the macOS environment and the following copyrighted resources:
NeXT WDEF © 1995 firstname.lastname@example.org
3D buttons CDEF Public domain by Zig Zichterman, email@example.com
the PathWalKer PatchWork Package was made using the following applications:
ResEdit, ResCompare, RSRC search, Stuffit installer maker.
the PathWalKer PatchWork Package was hecked by Yariv Alter / FIN visual.
the PathRoom project is hosted by De Fabriek, Art initative Eindhoven.
participants (to date): Yariv Alter Fin, Boris le Boef, Roy Cerpac,
Elspeth Diederix, Nirit Peled, & Debra Solomon.